CRE Examination Preparation Training
Time & Location
About The Course
RAMwright is pleased to offer a training course for the Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) examination conducted by the American Society for Quality (ASQ). CRE certification is widely accepted in the industry as the badge of excellence for Reliability Engineers and getting this certification will deepen your knowledge, propel your career forward, and command higher pay in the job market. See more benefits of certification from ASQ here.
CRE certification is conferred by ASQ after the candidate passes a comprehensive 4.5-hour online examination consisting of 165 multiple-choice questions from the topics assigned in the Body of Knowledge (BOK). The ASQ also stipulates minimum requirements before sitting for the exam. Learn more about the CRE exam, requirements, and registration from ASQ here.
Our training’s objective is to guide you with the tools and give the opportunity to practice questions enabling you to pass the certification examination. Though this course is structured to help prepare for the exam, the theoretical explanation and the practical exercises will help the students understand all facets of Reliability Engineering and help guide their organization to achieve its goals.
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
- Introduction to the class, CRE Exam; Preparation guide; General tips & study guide
- Reliability Fundamentals: Benefits of Reliability; Interrelation with Safety & Quality; Functions of Reliability Engineers
- Metrics Definitions – Reliability statement, failure rate, MTBF, MTTR, Availability, Maintainability
- Reliability Targets and drivers, Product Life Cycle, CAPA, RCA, Economics – Cost of Unreliability; Integration with Six Sigma & Systems Engineering
- Handout – Day 1 homework exercises covering the above topics
- Review of Day 1 homework exercises
- Risk Management – Types of Risk; FTA, FMEA, Hazard Analysis; Mitigation
- Probability & Statistics I – Basic concepts, Probability Distributions, Probability Functions, SPC, Confidence & Tolerance Levels
- Reliability Data – Types, Collection, Analysis, Usage – Failure Mechanism Analysis, FRACAS.
- Handout – Day 2 homework exercises covering the above topics
- Review of Day 2 homework exercises
- Reliability Testing – Test planning, conditions, failure criteria, decisions
- Test Types – ALT, HALT, ESS, HASS, Burn-in, RDT, Degradation, Software testing
- Reliability Modeling – RBD, PoF, Failure Models (Arrhenius, Eyring, Coffin Manson), SN curves, Reliability Prediction for repairable & non-repairable systems
- Handout – Day 3 homework exercises covering the above topics
- Review of Day 3 homework exercises
- Life Cycle Reliability – Design evaluation for Reliability Optimization, Stress Strength Analysis, Design of Experiments (DoE)
- Human factors, DFX, DFR; System Modular design
- Maintainability- Definition, Strategies, PM & CM analysis, RCM decision flow, Spare Parts, Crew, and Inventory Management
- Handout – Day 4 homework exercises covering the above topics
- Review of Day 4 homework exercises
- Revision of Topics based on attendees’ input, Open Discussion
- Full Version Mock Test – paper-based exam with 165 multiple-choice questions as per CRE BOK, 4.0-hour exam, open book & with calculators – Results will be shared later with personalized feedback
Training Agenda is subject to change without prior notice.
Benefits Of Taking This Course
- Learn exam preparation tips from Reliability experts and current CRE certification holders
- Get hands-on experience solving problems on topics covered during the day through homework exercises
- Get tailored feedback to improve on your comprehension of topics through a simulated 4-hour CRE mock test
- Develop broad cognition of Reliability Engineering tools and become adept in choosing the tool for the specific project needs
- Immerse in classroom discussion, form study-groups with fellow students, share Reliability best practices, and make quality professional connections
Engineers, System Engineers, Maintenance Engineers, Maintenance & Reliability Leaders
Beginner to Intermediate
Students should bring laptops and calculators (non-programmable) to work out problems. Reference books are optional.
- Course Instruction Materials
- Quality Council of Indiana Certified Reliability Engineer Primer Book
- Daily homework exercises on the topics covered (5-10 questions)
- Compendium Formula Sheet with Recommended Reading list (to use as a reference during the CRE exam)
$2,250 CAD | $1,800 USD
Disclaimer: Taxes are extra. RAMwright holds the right to cancel the class up to 14 days before the class. In case of a cancellation, a full class price refund will be provided.
About The Location
Training Centres of Canada is conveniently located in the financial district of Downtown Toronto, offering accessibility to nearby hotels, major transportation hubs, and city attractions. Continental breakfast and hot lunch will be provided on all days of the training. Coffee, tea and refreshments are also served every day.
- By Air: Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ) (Nearest), Toronto Pearson International (YYZ)
- By Rail: Toronto Union Station
- By TTC Subway: King Station (Nearest)
Hotels (not included with registration)
Nathan Philips Square, Hockey Hall of Fame, Harborfront Centre, CN Tower, Ripley’s Aquarium
- CRE Examination Training$2,250$2,2500$0